How To – Burnt Out Guards Van Cameo Scene
This how to guide was kindly submitted by Dave Gilmour in the Railway Modellers Facebook Group, and shows how to make great use of an old guards van model on a modern image layout.
The photos walk you through step by step, but here’s a quick run down of a few things you’ll need.
- An old guards van (or any other wooden wagon or even a coach)
- Acrylic paints (blacks, greys & dark browns)
- Downpipe / wire for the stove chimney
- A sharp craft knife or Dremel to cut out the sections which are to appear burnt. Please don’t actually burn it, the fumes will be awful!
- A small length of dowel to represent the stove.