Digital Command Control: The Definitive Guide – Ian Morton
The advent of DCC has allowed the enthusiast to control more than one train at a time via the use of computer chip technology. Whereas most modern rolling stock is now designed to be fully compatible with DCC, for modellers it may represent a challenge – particularly if they have collections of locomotives and rolling stock that pre-date its development. This informative volume includes step-by-step photographs showing how all model locomotives can be converted to DCC operation. Other areas covered include:
- The history of DCC;
- The process of converting an existing layout to DCC;
- Installing DCC on a new layout;
- The advantages and disadvantages of conventional and DCC control systems;
- DCC from the perspective of British model railway practices;
- Choosing a DCC decoder for a specific locomotives;
- Fitting of DCC-controlled sound modules; and
- Lighting coaching and multiple-unit stock.
This definitive guide contains instructive text aligned to a wealth of images, making it a must for anyone contemplating digital command control.