A Practical Introduction to Digital Command Control for Railway Modellers – Nigel Burkin
Nigel Burkin has divided A Practical Introduction to Digital Command Control for Railway Modellers into 7 Sections
- What is Digital Command Control?
- Opening pandora’s box
- DCC and the layout: Wiring it up!
- Mobile decoders: How to fit and test decoders in locomotives and multiple units
- Lighting for locomotives, rolling stock and multiple units
- Digital sound and steam
- Setting up for layout operation: Train driving on your DCC layout
Nigel Burkin has been modelling British Rail Southern Region practice in 4mm scale for over 20 years, introducing Digital Command Control to his layout projects in 2001. Since then, he has explored many areas of the control system to see how it can benefit the modeller with respect to re-creating realistic railway operations. He is a published author, editor and photographer with hundreds of magazines articles under his belt together with three modelling titles. Resident – Scotland